Narra Veterinary Clinic believes that a trip to the veterinarian doesn’t need to be a terrifying experience for your dog or cat! That’s why our doctors and staff members have completed extensive training and inspection so that we could become a certified Fear Free veterinary hospital.
By using specific Fear Free techniques, we can reduce the anxiety your pet may associate with veterinary visits—and eventually, that means bringing your pet to the vet will be less stressful for YOU as well.
Fear Free Training helps veterinarians modify clinic procedures, handling, and facilities so pets feel safe and more comfortable while receiving the medical care they need. Fear Free techniques include:
- Providing especially tasty “high value” treats for positive association
- The use of pheromones and / or soft music to put the pet at ease
- Non-slip surfaces for exams and treatments instead of restraints
- Gentle, species-specific handling
- Light sedation when necessary
Want to know more about the Fear Free philosophy? Just give us a call at 503-213-4911 or make an appointment online and experience the Fear Free difference!